Membership at Highland is open to all people who believe that God is leading them to serve Him with us and are willing to come in one of the following ways.
Public Profession of Faith
In Jesus Christ as Your Savior and Lord
This means the following:
- You are willing to repent of sin.
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; (Romans 3:23) I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. (Luke 13:3)
- You know that trust in Jesus is the only way to be forgiven of sins.
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)
- You want Jesus to give you new and abundant life.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (2 Corinthians 5:17) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. (John 10:10)
- You have put your assurance in the fact that Jesus will give you eternal life in Heaven.
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. (1 John 5:12-13)
- You are willing to obey the Lord in Believerâ€™s Baptism.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. (Matthew 28:19-20)
Unite with the People of Highland Baptist Church
In Meaningful Church Membership
- If a Baptist, by transfer of membership.
- As a Christian other than from a Baptist church, by baptism into full membership of this church.
- All new members also agree to respect and abide by the Church Covenant and the Church Constitution.